Let’s be honest: we are not just physical beings. Fitness is multidimensional. Your emotional well-being and psychological state all contribute to your health. So before you can truly reach your fullest potential physically you must take a deeper look at what makes you-YOU.
Always remember that the change you seek must start from an honest authentic space within you: so answer the following questions without judgment and with great compassion.
- What do I want? Do I have a clear vision?
- What inspires me and why?
- Where do my actions/behavior stem from?
- Am I motivated by fear or driven by my desires?
- Are my decisions/behaviors moving me towards my goal or further away?
- Am I honoring who I am by living an authentic life?
Upon the completion of this exercise you hopefully have gained some clarity on what makes you-YOU. Remember what you think on grows: so manifest your desires and dare greatly!
Last two exercises that concludes this killer work out! It’s always how you finish so push your self mindfully and respect that body of yours! Great work!
5. Lunge and Twist
- Start standing feet hip width apart. Arms are extended out to the side parallel to the floor.
- Lunge forward with left leg, knee at a 90 degree angle and in alignment with the ankle. Right leg is extending out behind you and hips are facing forward.
- Once in the lunged position rotate torso over the bent left leg keeping arms in line with the body straight and contracted. Return to center and push-off left leg to starting position.
- Perform 8 Repetitions. Switch sides; Repeat. Do 2 sets.
6. Push Up With Scapular Retraction
- Begin in full push up position. Balance on hands and feet keeping body straight from head to toe. Remember throughout this exercise pull your abdomen in to protect your lower back!
- Bend elbows to 90 degrees keeping arms tucked close to sides.
- Push up
- Once in the full push up position contract your shoulder blades together, hold then release to starting pose.
- Perform 8 Repetitions. Do 2 Sets.
5-10 minutes of low intensity Cardio of your choice!
Now before you race off to your next activity, take a moment to thank your body!
High Vibration Living
Here are the following two exercise to add to your full body work out! Remember respect your wellness, work hard and remain mindful!
3. Fire Hydrant
- Begin on the ground on all fours.
- Extend leg behind you then form a 90 degree angle at the knee, pulse the heel up toward the sky.
- Bend arms to 90 degrees keeping elbows close to sides while guiding you upper body down towards your chest.
- Once in this position open hip so inner thigh is parallel to ground continue rotating your hip around forward until your shin is now parallel to the ground.
- Push up and find your self in the starting position.
- Perform 5 Repetitions. Switch Sides; Repeat. Do 2 Sets.
4. V-Sit Roll Up To Standing
- Begin lying down with hands up toward the ceiling palms facing each other.
- Sit up with a straight body hinging at the hips, now reach forward toward your toes. As you roll back down the moment your lower back hits the floor the legs come up and you raise up on your butt to perform the V-Up.
- Once in that position bend the knees 90 degrees down towards butt and place feet firmly on the ground underneath you. Use your strong muscles to stand, and that completes one repetition.
- Go back to the starting position by sitting down butt first then extending your legs out in front of you while rolling to the supine position.
- Perform 8 Repetitions. Do 2 Sets.
Now you’ve learned the first four exercises! The key to transformational results is commitment and positive thinking! Thank your body for all the wonderful work it has done for you!
Summer time is here and that means for some of us lots of travel and subsequently less access to a gym. The good news is you don’t have to choose between vacation and fitness you can have both! Start off with making a commitment to taking care of your wellness needs no matter where you are! Remember to be mindful, our bodies are the true vehicle which propel us through life so always make time to honor it.
Lets Get Moving!
6 Total Body Weight Exercises
5-10 minutes of low to moderate intensity Cardio of your choice!
(Ideas: Walk briskly, jog, jumping jacks, stair step…whatever gets your heart rate up and ready to work!)
1. Multipurpose Plank
- Begin in a full push up position. Balance on hands and feet. Arms are extended straight and directly under your shoulder joints, body flat, stomach is pulled in and butt is in align with the rest of the body.
- Slowly with control rotate to the side plank position, placing body weight on left hand while extending right hand directly up fingers toward the sky. Remember you want to be firm as a board! Hips are up and legs are contracted, tight is light!
- Now extend your left leg forward and pulse inner thigh upward toward the sky 5 times! Always come out the way you went in to the exercise. Once you are in the starting push up position rotate your body to the right side and repeat. This completes one set!
- Do 2 sets
2. Single Leg Dead Lift Reach to Balance
- Start standing with hips shoulder width apart. Body is upright abdomen pulled in and posture is erect!
- Shift body weight to the right foot while extending left leg straight behind you, be mindful to keep your hips facing forward.
- Lift left hand parallel to the ground.
- Rotate body forward hinging at the hips while reaching your left hand towards your planted right foot.
- As you went in to the exercise come back out keeping body straight and your posterior chain should remain contracted!
- Perform 8 repetitions. Switch sides; Repeat. Do 2 sets
Master the first exercises and come back for the next two in my No Gym? No Problem! workout!